Monday, May 7, 2007

Mount Dajti (2)


Two weeks ago I went for the second time to the Mount Dajti, the mountain next to Tirana, but this time I went by myself. I used the local public transportation: bus and cable car. It was more adventurous, but not difficult.
Bus tickets are very cheap: one ride is only 20 lek, around 0.17 euro! While the cable railway is pretty new and with European standards.





It was funny to see girls wearing high heels to go there!
I also saw for the first time a muslim woman with a burqa, i.e. completely covered, only a small opening for the eyes. It is also not so common to see women with the chador, head covered but face not.




I enjoyed a lot the sunny weather and I found a quiet trail in a forest of beeches (faggi) where to hike. I know there is a project for mapping and putting signages of trails but I couldn't find any. It is also annoying that often you find military zones and the path is interrupted.

No comments: