Monday, April 16, 2007

Scutari/Shkodra

Time is passing fast and I am cumulating photos to show! Fortunately I had opportunity to travel during the weekends and now you can find pictures from Shkodra and surroundings (North of Albania, close to the border with Montenegro).


In these two pictures you can have a view from the castle of Shkodra over three rivers and over the city and part of the lake.

These kids are very lively inhabitants of the castle...they tried to ask for money to us, so I guess they are used to meet foreign tourists. Anyway, it was nice to see them playing and "fighting". When they saw my camera they went crazy! They all wanted to be in the first position, so I then decided to shoot short videos to best catch their vitality.

This is an old ottoman bridge quite well kept. But you can see in the background the garbage flowing down from the slope...


By the way, this morning at 9.35 an earthquake hit part of Albania. Not strong and serious, but I felt it! I was in the office and for few seconds the floor started shaking a bit. There was no panic in my office.
The earthquake caused no victims, but damaged many houses and schools in the region of Elbasan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos of the fortress...it's so hard to get a good one that gives an idea of the whole, complimenti! Thanks for posting them.

Anonymous said...

I agree the photos are very nice! You should post more often to let us see more photos of places you visit...

Marco said...

thanks a lot for your comments! I will try to post more often...